Monster.com is one of the largest job board sites in the world. It posts millions of job every day while offering comprehensive job search resources including resume writing services, resume advice, interviewing tips among others. Monster.com is also one of the most visited and followed employment sites in the US.
Monster.com was established in 1999 as a result of a merger between The Monster Board (TMB) and Online Career Centre (OCC). These two companies were at the time the first two of the most popular career websites on the internet. Currently, Monster.com gets over 63 million job seekers per month. It has approximately 5,000 employees in 36 countries and is headquartered in New York, US.
The Monster.com site has a wide range of job vacancies across all industries. As of 2008 Monster.com had over a million job listings and over a million resumes posted on the site. The site is open for free to job seekers to find jobs as well as employers to post jobs and to recruit.
The process of finding and applying for a job on Monster.com is simple because the site is user friendly. To be able to apply for a job or post your resume, you will require a soft copy of your resume for use on the site.
How to Search and Apply for a Job on Monster.com
- You will require a computer with an internet connection and a valid email address.
- Type in or double click on this link, http://www.monster.com/
- On the Monster.com site landing page, on the top of the page, type in the kind of job you are searching for and the location you would prefer on the provided boxes and then click on the “Search” button.
- A list with jobs matching your search will be generated. Scroll through them and if you find a job you are interested in click on the title to reveal details about the job.
- If you would like to apply for that particular job, click on the “Apply Now” button at the bottom of the job description and follow the rest of the steps of the application process.
- In some cases, an email address of the employer is provided for you to send your application directly to the employer. In such cases, copy the email address and send your application from your email.
- If you have any questions or trouble with anything on the site, type in or double click on this link, http://help.monster.com/my20/faq.aspx? for frequently asked questions and answers.